Thursday 17 November 2011

What a bad blogger I am

I havent had a lot of time lately, work gets in the way. I have been doing a bit more cooking now the nights are getting darker, how do you fancy
Red Lentil and Cauliflower Cobbler
I haven't used red lentils before I always use the brown ones, although a bit fiddly as there are a lot of ingredients it tasted great and everyone asked for more, if you would like the recipe let me know and I will post it.
We also had apple pie with Heritage apples from a friends garden, they had such a lovely flavour I think we have been spoilt .
I can't believe it's almost that time of year again the one where you write long lists and spend too much, this time last year we had snow, this year we still have roses. All the little ones at school are practicing for the Christmas play, so we have lots of  lambs running around :)
This is just a quick post to get me going again, hubbys test results are next week so hopefully it will be smooth running from now on.
You all seem to be busy I have just had a fly around cyber space for a read.
Hope to be back soon
Cate x







7 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Yum! the cobbler and pie look delicious.

Our kids only have 4 weeks left of the school year before holidays, crikey it has gone fast.

Wishing you all the best with the checkup next week, finger and arms and legs crossed that everything will be clear.

Enjoy your weekend, Tam x

KC'sCourt! said...

That looks really yummy - please post the recipe.
Julie xxxxxxxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Yes, please post the recipe. I love my lentils I do! We're having chicken and lentil curry tomorrow and that is delicious I can tell you!

Dawn said...

Mmmm, I do love an apple pie and haven't had cobbler since my mumm used to cook for me. Proper winter grub.

Unknown said...

Lovely to see you back. I to am the same in blogland i only have time to write once a week and am only able to catch up with everyone else on a saturday morning and then it takes me hours. But living is important ;-)) That cobbler looks lovely. dee xx

Tabbyroo said...

Would love the recipe for the cobbler, it looks delicious Linda x

Shaheen said...

Oh it looks so good and homely. Thank you for the mention. I've linked yoru variation from the original recipe. Wishing you a Happy Christmas and New Year x