Tuesday 19 April 2011

greedy guts x 2

It feels like ages since I was on here blogging, having some time off is really what I have been needing, (not from you  in fact I have missed all your chatty news it has been good to catch up on everyone) but from school, as much as I enjoy my job sometimes I wish I could stay at home but then I know full well I would get bored. I think most of us are realising just how hard this past Winter has been, the illness I have doesen't do Winter so I now feel like I'm coming out of hibernation, I've even done a bit of gardening and made a new friend x1
  he's a bit of a greedy guts and follows me wherever I go, we also have a nest of baby Robins in the shed.

Now do you like chocolate ? x2

Depending on your age you may not know that C.D.M. stands for the bar of chocolate below, if I remember
  rightly there was an advert where you could be awarded a C.D.M. as a medal of honor.
 A very kind friend who has been travelling the world called into Cadbury World and bought us this kilo bar, it was too big to take back to Oz so we had to have it instead, such a shame :)



I am hoping to make some reworked jewelry for a monthly market my daughter and I are doing in May, it has a mix of vintage, antique and second hand items, I'm not much good at sewing or crochet so I thought I would give this idea plus my boxes a go, this is some of the bits I have got together, now I just need to get my making head on :)

 Hope your all enjoying the lovely weather in the U.K. I promise to catch up with everyones blog soon.
Hi to all my new followers when did that happen :)
Bye for now Cate x



9 comments:

Vintage Tea Time said...

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I'm exhausted now! Wow, I wouldn't be safe near that chocolate - that's a LOT!! Lovely jewelry - show us when you rework it? Have a good week, Abby x

Nelly said...

Those bits of jewellery look interesting hope you show what they turn into

Hesta Nesta said...

My hubby would love a bar of choccy that size!! He definitely would make short work of it. Lovely jewellery, can't wait to see what you make. Have a great week.
Jo xx

sylviesgarden said...

Wow, that's some chocolate you have there!
Lovely jewelry bits, I do hope you'll share what they become.
Take care, flower.
x

OhSoVintage said...

That is SOME bar of chocolate! Wow! I wouldn't be sfe near it especially as I have banned anything like that from the house since I started a diet. I remember the CDM and the advert saying a glass and a half of milk went into every bar.

Unknown said...

oooohhh you have some lovely jewelry there i will be interested to see what you make. This weather is brilliant at the moment i am like you my body and joints do not like the winter i get inflamed joints and it does make me a little low. But get the sun out and i come alive ;-)) Lets enjoy it ;-) enjoy the rest of your week, dee x

The Vintage Knitter said...

Wow..that is one massive bar of chocolate mmmmmmm! Can't wait to see what you make out of those lovely pieces of jewellery :-)

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Cate,

wow, that really is a big chocolate block. Although it wouldn't last long in this house. Carl never wants eggs for Easter but ends up eating all the kids eggs instead.

Good to hear that you have had a nice break, and the weather is treating you well. I am on holidays for the next 12 days..yippeeee!!!

Did my token car boot treasure arrived safely? It was only a little something..slim pickings. I did post what I found though a while back. No need to send anything back :) Its all good.

Have a lovely Easter, I know you will have chocolate, hahaha, Tam x

*Maristella* said...

Buonasera cara!!
Grazie per queste belle immagini...
Io ti auguro una bellissima Pasqua
- Happy Easter!! ;o))
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.