Wednesday 30 March 2011

A bit of a tidy up

When I was home last week I decided to tidy my sewing box, it was all I could manage but I'm glad I did it. I'm ashamed to show you what a mess
I found things I didn't know I had  :)

Lovely old cottons


Whiskers and eyes for a teddy my mum was going to make, a clip box which has my sister in laws name scratched on it ooops, some very old wedding dress pearls and a pattern for a flower loom, Tam I told you I had one somewhere :)
At the botttom I found my daughters old ballet ribbons and some lovely lace collers




This was my daughters first hair clip sentimental I know but I would hate to lose it.

 
My first bit of sewing when I was about 7yrs I'm not much better now :)

What a difference a couple of hours makes







I think I spied a bit of vintage dust there as well, shhh don't tell anyone.
I promise I did polish my lovely old box when I had finished.
Job well done.

Thanks for all your get well wishes I have missed you all.

Cate x


13 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

Lovely sewing box and that hair clip is gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

Isn't it great when you find those things you have forgotten about!
Love your new organized sewing box!
My art supplies could really use a day of organizing! I've managed to take over the dining room table too.
Glad your feeling better!

A Treasured Past said...

Ooh, I'd have great fun poking around in there.

Hehhee...the loom flowers were a flash in the pan I must admit. I was crazy about them for around 3 weeks, and haven't made one since.

The little hair pin would be lovely in a frame :) How cute is the little spider in the embroidery, you should frame it also, or make a little cushion.

Take care, Tam x

Anonymous said...

I agree with 'a treasured past' your little embroidery is lovely. I think you should make it into a cushion or picture too and keep it until you are a grandma!

KC'sCourt! said...

I love old needlework treasures they are really lovely. Pretty hair clip. Do you know you can still buy the flower loom, they are quite expensive now, but we still sell a few in the shop I work in!
Julie xxxxxx

Unknown said...

oooohhh what a lovely sewing box and isn't it great when you find things you had forgotton about. Aaahh cute little hair clip memories like that are lovely ;-) have a lovely day, dee x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh lovely treasures. Adore that hair clip. As for your sewing when you were 7 - it's fantastic!

The Vintage Knitter said...

I think its brilliant that you still have your daughter's first hair clip and your first sewing.

Its nice to have a bit of a tidy up and then find some 'treasures' that you'd forgotten about isn't it?

sylviesgarden said...

Wow your sewing box is an absolute treasure trove!x

*Maristella* said...

Hi Cate..lovely lovely!!! Io adoro i cesti porta-lavoro e quello che contengono!!! Ne ho parecchi anc'io, in giro per la casa....un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Hesta Nesta said...

I love having a tidy up in my sewing summerhouse and finding things I had bought ages ago and forgotten about. Having a good organise is really satisfying. Have a lovely weekend.
Jo xx

Anonymous said...

You cleared out your sewing box?? And went right to the bottom?? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that lol! ... ;0)

petals and vintage said...

I love all of your sewing bits and bobs. The embroidery and hair clip - super special.
Take care, Pam x